Saturday, October 18, 2008

Oshan

Meet Oshan, my long lost cousin...

Oshan is my new character for my senior thesis short film. He lives somewhere in the middle east in his village, and dreams to someday get online.




This is an expression test i just finished. This is not final animation but more an expression test and needs a lot more work on it. One thing i'm happy with, is the control I made for his face. Can't wait to really start animating him, make him think and move around.. so much fun! I can really start thinking of him as a real person, and see how he reacts in different situations. Super Cool.

Having fun with some facial expressions :) trying different extremes



Model Turn Around-





The shorts are homage to Alex Marino :) and Atari of course..

11 comments:

Alex said...

AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!

Matthew J Killian said...

Very cool. Very appealing. Tons of fun.

Ya' know, I think I use to have those exact shorts.

JP said...

great stuff, liron! love the understated look in the render too.

Ozan said...

i love this! Great job! Are you sure Oshan isn't my long lost cousin...

Francesco Giroldini said...

Super Cool indeed!

Gordon Pinkerton said...

Hey thanks for the crit! And oh man... I can't wait to see this guy in action! haha I love his expressions (especially the one with the quivering lip) and all the different shapes you get with the eye lids and eye brows are awesome! Good luck animating!

Karen Lerman said...

Cuzo!

Everything is looking great and I am so glad to hear things this summer went well. Loving the new character and I really dug the new film from your website...I am back in NY going to Fordham for my graduate degree- when are you coming to visit NY??

Your long lost cuzzo
-Karen

Bitmapbox said...

That is awesome, I love the extreme facial expressions Im in my 1st year of a 3d character animation course and hope by the end of it i have such kool characters :)

yusufyusuf said...

Nice blog...!

Lovely Man...

The Way ©

Brendan Carroll said...

Nice! You really pushed his facial expressions. Looks like he'd be a lotta fun to animate.

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Oshan I am a girl. This is offensive because I dont look like that or live in the middle east. Watch out SOPA is coming.