Monday, February 23, 2009

Color....

So, I decided to show a little of what I've been working on in the past couple of months. Here are some lighting shots from my thesis film. This is so much fun to see it full color. Soon Oshan will actually move, breath and hopefully think :)
I think I was really trying to capture the atmosphere in his house as I envisioned it. Trying to get the hot Mediterranean sun look.







Thanks Daniel for teaching me how to composite these togather. Be sure to check his site - daniel-rauch.com, really cool stuff. I really enjoyed this process, of connecting everything together. Just need to polish the animation and out for print.

I will post some animation soon, not too much to spoil the movie.. no worries.

14 comments:

Betsy Bauer said...

This looks so awesome, Liron! You've definitely captured that feeling of warmth. I can't wait for your final film!

Cat Hicks said...

Crazy.

mkummer said...

Liron you have like 3 months to polish animation! Holy Crabapple! Computer needs less reflection but looks totally great man. How many layers comp'd??

Gordon Pinkerton said...

...

oh sorry I just had to pick my jaw up off of the floor.

haha looks great!!! I can't WAIT to see the final completed movie!

lindsey olivares said...

you're so good

Tal Rachmin said...

Sweet!
It looks so interesting and alive!
can't wait to see the finished film.
Peace.

Marcus Ng said...

oshan lost his muttchops!!

Liron Topaz said...

Thanks a lot guys! Its really good to hear.

Matt- 3 months?? we have to finish everything in a month. But its all good, and its getting there.

I comped him on top of the BG, and some color correction on the whole thing. He has 4 passes, beauty, Occ, spec and the computer light pass, and its all mixed together. I spend some time making the preset for the whole thing, but once i got that down, it was mostly just replacing layers.

Marcus - no worries, its temporary, had to remodel them.

Thomas Valcek said...

This is really wonderful! Love it! Love the way you made the hands!
Great!

Talia said...

Hey Liron,
It's Talia (previously from crew972) I just discovered your blog and it blew me off!!
I love your drawings and your 3D stuff, can't wait to see what your final film will be like.
I'll be following...
Talia

Uri Lotan said...

oooh. colors! :)
Oshan looks so nice ;)
Really love that last frame, everything
just works so great together.

Waiting for the final :D

Carolyn Vale said...

Looking good Liron!! Can't wait to see it when its posted :)

enadav said...

Looks Really Good !!!!
Nadav

My name is Ziv Ariely. said...

Hey Liron! I really like you blog and site, you are very gifted my friend ;)
I've added you blog to my links since I really like to see what you are doing.

Keep up the good work!